From: ······@my-deja.com
Subject: Need help!
I have the following problem I have been unable to figure out as a
novice lisp user:

Use a search mechanism to find all different labels of length N made of
symbols on the inputed list (LIS).  Assume that there are no
repetitions on LIS.  Labels (a b) and (b a) are identical.  Labels
(a a) and (a b) are not identical.  Labels (a a c) and (a b c) are not
identical, while (a a c), (a c c), and (c a c) are identical.  For
instance:

>(all-labels 2 '(a b))
((a a) (a b))

>(all-labels 3 '(a b))
((a a a) (a a b))

>(all-labels 4 '(a b c))
((a a a a) (a a a b) (a a b b) (a a b c))

All items must be ordered alphabetically, and all lists must be
arranged alphabetically.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

From: Stig Hemmer
Subject: Re: Need help!
The description and the examples you give do not correspond.

······@my-deja.com writes:
> >(all-labels 2 '(a b))
> ((a a) (a b))

Should have contained (b b), according to the description you gave.
The rest of the examples are missing even more answers.

I assume the examples are correct and the description wrong, as it is
usually that way.  Can you come up with a description that actually
describes what you want to do?

Stig Hemmer,
Jack of a Few Trades.
From: Gareth McCaughan
······@my-deja.com writes:

> I have the following problem I have been unable to figure out as a
> novice lisp user:
[SNIP: obvious homework assignment]

If you tell us what progress you've been able to make,
then I'm sure we can offer some suggestions on how to
move forward.

--
Gareth McCaughan  ················@pobox.com
sig under construction