From: Harald Schmidt
Subject: Lisp-System for NT and MacOS?
Hi,
does there exist a Lisp system for both platforms
WindowsNT/95 and MacOS. This would be nice
for developing Applications for both?

Thanks for any info,

    Harald

From: Bulent Murtezaoglu
Subject: Re: Lisp-System for NT and MacOS?
    HS> ... Hi, does there exist a Lisp system for both platforms
    HS> WindowsNT/95 and MacOS. ...

CL is the same of course, for the GUI CLIM appears to be your best bet
as both Digitool and Franz/Harlequin seem to have it.  This is all on
paper for me haven't actually tried anything on these platforms
(outside of CLIM/ACL on SunOS).  I may actually have the same requirement
soon also, so I'll second this request for actual experiences.  Thanks.

BM
From: Tim Bradshaw
* Harald Schmidt wrote:
> Hi,
> does there exist a Lisp system for both platforms
> WindowsNT/95 and MacOS. This would be nice
> for developing Applications for both?

There are good quality commercial CL implementations both these
platforms and good quality noncommercial ones for Windows at least.
For GUI stuff, there are CLIM implementations for both platforms, as
well as Unix/X (for the Mac from Digitool at least, for NT/Win95 and
Unix from Franz and Harlequin).  My experience is that CLIM
applications do port pretty easily (often simply by recompilation)
between Unix andNT/Win95 at least, however I've not tried moving
anything really substantial.

--tim