From: Peter Zuckerman
Subject: Testing Computer Software Conference (TCS2000): Call for Papers

                  CALL FOR PAPERS and PRESENTATIONS
                               for the

           17th International Conference and Exposition on

                TESTING COMPUTER SOFTWARE (TCS2000)

         Theme: Testing Technology vs. Testers' Requirements

              June 12-16, 2000 * Washington, D.C. * USA
       (Conference: June 14-16; Workshops/Tutorials: June 12-13)

In cooperation with:

   ASSOCIATION FOR COMPUTING MACHINERY (ACM) SIGSoft
   AMERICAN SOCIETY FOR QUALITY (ASQ) Software Division
   IEEE RELIABILITY SOCIETY
   SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT CENTER (STSC)

            PLAN NOW TO ATTEND ON JUNE 12-16, 2000!

  We are soliciting 45 to 90 minute presentations on software testing!

Participate in the leading international conference on software testing.
Learn how testing professionals and experts are using advanced methods and
testing applications to improve the effectiveness of their testing, reduce
testing costs and meet schedule deadlines. Share your own experiences in
testing with others. Learn:

* The impact of increasingly complex software on testing
* Ways to improve the testing process
* Practical experience with the various techniques
* Which efforts have been most successful
* Which efforts have been least successful

While we encourage  presentations that directly relate to the theme, other
topics relevant to improving the testing process are encouraged and will
be accepted.

CONFERENCE FEATURES:
* International speakers
* Presentation of current and emerging best testing practices
* Presentations based on the experiences of actual testing practitioners
* Opportunities to share experiences and lessons with your peers in
  other organizations
* Vendor show of products and services

* PLANNED TRACKS:
  * Management
  * Technical
  * Automation
  * Advanced Topics (Refereed papers)
  * Case Studies

* PRE-CONFERENCE WORKSHOPS/TUTORIALS:
Two-day and one-day technical sessions for software testing practitioners.

* VENDOR SHOW:
Providers of test support services and software will display and explain
their products.

* SUBMISSION INFORMATION:

Proposals for presentations should be 1 to 2 pages long, with enough
detail to give an understanding of the presentation, including an outline
of its contents. Indicate if the most likely audience is technical or
managerial, and please make clear the topic's relevance to software
testing.

The attached contribution cover sheet is to be completed and returned with
your submission.

Submissions can also be made through the Conference website at:
http://www.uspdi.org/tcs2000call/

                PRESENTATION PROPOSALS ARE DUE:

                      October 15, 1999

We are interested in hearing from you. If you want to submit a proposal
for a presentation, or explore an idea for a presentation, please contact
the Program Chair:

                      G. Houston-Ludlam
                  Frontier Technologies, Inc.
             175 Admiral Cochran Drive, Suite 103
                     Annapolis, MD 21401
                     Call: 410-266-8244
                 E-mail: ······@fron-tech.com
      (preferred submission method, ascii text only please)

GUIDELINES FOR REFEREED PAPERS:
If you believe that your proposal belongs to the Advanced Topics track,
please check out the website:
         http://www.uspdi.org/tcs2000call/tcs2000callref.html

IMPORTANT DATES:

Presentation Proposals: October 15, 1999
   Notice of Selection: December 15, 2000
    Materials Deadline: March 15, 2000
            Conference: June 12-16, 2000

If you are interested in attending the TCS2000 Conference, contact USPDI.

                  Conference Management by:

          U.S. PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE
             612 Ethan Allen Avenue, Suite 100
                  Takoma Park, MD 20912
                   Phone: 301-270-1033
                    Fax: 301-270-1040
                 E-mail: ·····@uspdi.org
          Web: http://www.uspdi.org/conference

   + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

            TESTING TECHNOLOGY VS. TESTERS' REQUIREMENTS

    Technology for testing and automated solutions have grown remarkably
in the past decade. But the question is still before us -- do we have the
support from technology that we need?  Has technology solved the right
problems? Is the technology accessible enough to today's tester? What are
the pitfalls of using such technology? This year, we will be looking at
the experiences with various aspects of testing technology � some
successful, and some not.

    We look forward to having you share your experiences and learn from
others. I look forward to seeing you there.

                            Genevieve Houston-Ludlam, Program
Chair

   + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

          17th International Conference and Exposition on

                TESTING COMPUTER SOFTWARE (TCS2000)

            June 12-16, 2000 * Washington, D.C. * USA
                   Hyatt Regency (Bethesda)

                   CONTRIBUTION COVER SHEET

          * Note: This form is available on the Web: *
               http://www.uspdi.org/tcs2000call/

Title of Presentation:

Job Title:

Address:

Phone No.:

Fax No.:

E-Mail:

Preferred time to speak (please list first and second choices):

   Wed. a.m. _______   Thurs. p.m. ________   Don't care _______

   Wed. p.m. _______   Friday. a.m. _______

Is there any time when you cannot speak due to a conflict?

Audience:  Practitioner ______________   Manager ______________

Level:     Entry _______   Mid _______   Advanced _______

Bullets for Conference Program:

These should be short statements of the three main topics in your talk.
Example: (1) How to attack compatibility issues, (2) How to do testing
within schedule, (3) How testing theory meets reality.

1.

2.

3.

Presentation Proposals Due: October 15, 1999 to

G. Houston-Ludlam, Program Chair
E-mail: ······@fron-tech.com
(preferred submission method, ascii text only please)
Phone: 410-266-8244

        One complimentary Conference registration is provided
                  for each accepted presentation.