From: ········@hotmail.com
Subject: CORBA specification/implementation available? ILU okay?
Hi, I'm looking for a freely available CORBA
specification/implementation for Common LISP.  Has someone done an
implementation that's shareable?

I'm aware that both Franz and Harlequin have ORBs (and Harlequin has
published their CORBA specification on the web).  But their prices for
their ORBs are a bit steep for an individual developer doing
exploratory programming on multiple operating systems (whereas TAO is
free but doesn't have a LISP binding).

Those experienced with ILU and with IDL -- can I implement IDL
interfaces in Common LISP using ILU?

Thanks
Doug Auclair

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

From: Clemens Heitzinger
<········@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I'm looking for a freely available CORBA
> specification/implementation for Common LISP.  Has someone done an
> implementation that's shareable?

Lennart Staflin's CORBA page
http://www.lysator.liu.se/~lenst/corba/

Are there other implementations?  And what about CORBA and
multithreading?  I assume Franz's and Harlequin's implementations
support multithreading, but others?

Yours,
Clemens -- also interested in the subject
--
Clemens Heitzinger
http://ag.or.at:8000/~clemens   (Lisp related material)
From: Joachim Achtzehnter
········@hotmail.com writes:

> Those experienced with ILU and with IDL -- can I implement IDL
> interfaces in Common LISP using ILU?

Yes.

Joachim

--