From: SONNY MYETTE
Subject: how to load and use window dll in lisp?
Hi!
i`m a student at university and i`m working on project for course
i have a AI engine in lisp and Window`s Graphic engine in c++.
what i want to know is how i can load  my Graphic dll in lisp and how
i can call c++ procedure from my AI engine.

                    thanx a lot for helping!!!

From: Martin
Subject: Re: how to load and use window dll in lisp?
In article <·················@DMI.USherb.CA>, SONNY MYETTE <·······@DMI.USherb.CA> wrote:
>Hi!
>i`m a student at university and i`m working on project for course
>i have a AI engine in lisp and Window`s Graphic engine in c++.
>what i want to know is how i can load  my Graphic dll in lisp and how
>i can call c++ procedure from my AI engine.
>
>                    thanx a lot for helping!!!

There's no standard answer to this - the interface between Lisp and the rest
of the world is very implementation dependent - you will have to check the
documentation for the particular version you are using. Most of the serious
implementations of Lisp on Windows will at least support calls out from Lisp
to external routines, the other way round is more problematic.

Martin
From: Christopher C Stacy
Harlequin Lispworks supports loading and calling DLLs via the
foreign function interface.  See FFI:REGISTER-MODULE.
This is probably what you will want to do.

Your Lisp program can also compile into a DLL, so foreign programs can call it.
You could also use Sockets as a way to communicate between programs.
Also, Lispworks supports DDE.  And of course there is CORBA.