From: William Deakin
Subject: Re: An issue with #+?
Paolo Amoroso wrote:

> [An] extensive list of Common Lisp ... features ... is included in the
> comp.lang.lisp FAQ as question [2-17] "Read-time conditionalization of code
> (#+ #- and *features*)". I hope I have understood your question.

Yes, "mille grazie". I hope you understand my thank you (appologies for the
lousy Italian)

> By the way, that FAQ has not been updated for years...

The copy I look at is www.cs.cmu.edu/Groups/AI/html/faqs/lang/lisp/top.html and
was last updated on 10th August 1997. Is this the `bleeding-edge' document?

> yet it's still a great technical resource. I profit by the occasion to thank
> both Mark Kantrowitz and Barry Margolin for creating it.

I agree and would also like to thank the authors of this. I would like to add
them to the legion ranks of the ilisp writers and maintainers and to
`buy-them-a-pint' or equivalent.

> I also wish to thank Mark for designating Marco Antoniotti as the official
> maintainer of MK:DEFSYSTEM and for lifting the restrictions of its
> distribution license.

Yes. This is excellent news.

Following on from the other postings in this thread, are there any moves to
update the FAQ? I would be prepared to do this. But I would also understand if
people didn't want me to ... (I do suffer from what a friend of mine describes
as `arse-elbow syndrome').

Best Regards,

:) will

From: Paolo Amoroso
On Thu, 18 Nov 1999 10:19:07 +0000, William Deakin <·····@pindar.com>
wrote:

> Yes, "mille grazie". I hope you understand my thank you (appologies for the
> lousy Italian)

The code generated by your Italian compiler is correct and efficient :)

> The copy I look at is www.cs.cmu.edu/Groups/AI/html/faqs/lang/lisp/top.html and
> was last updated on 10th August 1997. Is this the `bleeding-edge' document?

I think so.

> Following on from the other postings in this thread, are there any moves to
> update the FAQ? I would be prepared to do this. But I would also understand if

You should probably check with Barry Margolin.

Paolo
From: Barry Margolin
In article <················@news.mclink.it>,
Paolo Amoroso <·······@mclink.it> wrote:
>On Thu, 18 Nov 1999 10:19:07 +0000, William Deakin <·····@pindar.com>
>wrote:
>> Following on from the other postings in this thread, are there any moves to
>> update the FAQ? I would be prepared to do this. But I would also understand if
>
>You should probably check with Barry Margolin.

Why?  I wrote the initial FAQ, but have not maintained it, Mark Kantrowitz
has always performed that duty.  The FAQ mentions a mailing list to send
FAQ updates and suggestions to.

--
Barry Margolin, ······@bbnplanet.com
From: Quentin Deakin
Barry Margolin wrote:
>Why?  I wrote the initial FAQ, but have not maintained it, Mark Kantrowitz
>has always performed that duty.  The FAQ mentions a mailing list to send
>FAQ updates and suggestions to.

That is perfectly correct. I did not mean to cause offence to you or to Mark
Kantrowitz. If I did, please accept my apologies.

The question that I should have asked is `is the FAQ currently being
actively maintained?' There are a number of recurring questions that appear
on c.l.l. that could be answered sensibly by something like the FAQ. So
before digging myself into a deeper hole, I will follow the procedure
outlined. And let this be an end to the matter.

Best Regards,

Will Deakin