From: Randy Kaplan
Subject: Installing CLISP
I am having problems installing CLISP on a SPARC IPC running Debian
Linux. When I run the make, all seems to go well. When I enter the
command base/lisp.run -M base/lispinit.mem I get

>[1]Bus Error

Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

--

Dr. Randy M. Kaplan
publisher, knowldgWORKS News
From: Bruno Haible
Subject: Re: Installing CLISP
Randy Kaplan  <·······@accsys-corp.com> wrote:
> I am having problems installing CLISP on a SPARC IPC running Debian
> Linux. When I run the make, all seems to go well. When I enter the
> command base/lisp.run -M base/lispinit.mem I get
>
>>[1]Bus Error

Maybe you have an old version? clisp releases earlier than 1999-07-22 did
not run on Linux/Sparc.

Did you try the 1999-07-22 binaries for Sparc on
ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/devel/lang/lisp/ ?

                                 Bruno