From: ··············@mailcity.com
Subject: where to find a POROLG interpreter in Lisp?
Hi everyone,

I was searching for a simple PORLOG interpreter written in Lisp to
learn matching and unification. I found many of them but non of them
implements the PROLOG "cut" or supports arithmatic expression in the
clauses.I really want to know how we could implement "cut" and provide
our interpreter with some arithmatic predicates.

So,I would like anybody knowing any resources or even has one to send
it please.

Thanks a lot.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

From: David J. Cooper
Subject: Re: where to find a POROLG interpreter in Lisp?
··············@mailcity.com wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I was searching for a simple PORLOG interpreter written in Lisp to
> learn matching and unification. I found many of them but non of them
> implements the PROLOG "cut" or supports arithmatic expression in the
> clauses.I really want to know how we could implement "cut" and provide
> our interpreter with some arithmatic predicates.

POROLG, PORLOG, or PROLOG? I assume we're talking PROLOG here...

Graham's _On_Lisp_ contains an implementation of Prolog as an
embedded language in about 50 lines of Common Lisp. It probably
doesn't answer all your questions above but perhaps it could
provide a useful starting point.

 -dave

--
David J. Cooper Jr, Chief Engineer	Genworks International
·······@genworks.com			5777 West Maple, Suite 130
From: Tom Breton
··············@mailcity.com writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I was searching for a simple PORLOG interpreter written in Lisp to
> learn matching and unification. I found many of them but non of them
> implements the PROLOG "cut" or supports arithmatic expression in the
> clauses.I really want to know how we could implement "cut" and provide
> our interpreter with some arithmatic predicates.

Frolic, available at the CMU repository, seems to implement cut.

--
Tom Breton, http://world.std.com/~tob
Not using "gh" since 1997. http://world.std.com/~tob/ugh-free.html