From: Shin
Subject: Could one split a number in a source file?
I have to setq a variable to an integer that has 379 digits, is
allowed to split the number somehow or must it be in a sole line?

Thanks,

-- Shin

From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: Could one split a number in a source file?
In article <················@news.iddeo.es>, Shin <···@retemail.es> wrote:
>I have to setq a variable to an integer that has 379 digits, is
>allowed to split the number somehow or must it be in a sole line?

The following is the best I can come up with:

(setq x
      #.(parse-integer
	  (concatenate 'string
		      "12345"
		      "67891"
		      "23456"
		      ...))

Also, if those 379 digits are the result of a computation, you can make the
reader do the computation for you by using '#.'.

--
Barry Margolin, ······@bbnplanet.com
From: Raffael Cavallaro
In article <················@news.iddeo.es>, ···@retemail.es (Shin) wrote:

>I have to setq a variable to an integer that has 379 digits, is
>allowed to split the number somehow or must it be in a sole line?

Couldn't you also just read it in from a file?

Raf

--

Raffael Cavallaro, Ph.D.
·······@mediaone.net
From: Clemens Heitzinger
Shin <···@retemail.es> wrote:

> I have to setq a variable to an integer that has 379 digits, is
> allowed to split the number somehow or must it be in a sole line?

In the listener: don't split it.

When reading from a file: it's easier to read when the number is not
splitted; of course you can always read the parts and paste them
together.

--
Clemens Heitzinger
http://ag.or.at:8000/~clemens   (Lisp related material)