From: Arseny Slobodjuck
Subject: Hey, isn't that "lispy" ?
(setq vallist '("I " "Love " "This " "Game !"))
(eval (concatenate 'list '(concatenate 'string) vallist))

==>"I Love This Game !"

From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: Hey, isn't that "lispy" ?
In article <················@news.vtc.ru>,
Arseny Slobodjuck <····@altavista.net> wrote:

>(setq vallist '("I " "Love " "This " "Game !"))
>(eval (concatenate 'list '(concatenate 'string) vallist))
>
>==>"I Love This Game !"

You don't need the EVAL.  You can use:

(apply #'concatenate 'string vallist)

You *would* need the EVAL if any elements of vallist were expressions that
needed to be evaluated, but since they're literals in your case that's
wasted effort that just makes your code harder to understand.

--
Barry Margolin, ······@bbnplanet.com