From: Tobias Grimm
Subject: Solving Equations
Hello!

I'm looking for some functions to solve algebraic equations.
I found a system called "Symbolic Algebra in Lisp". It sould be at
ftp.cs.cmu.edu/user/ai/alg.zip, but I couldn't find it there. The
autors email is ········@epo.e-mail.com.
Does anyone know, where I can get this or any other Lisp system for
solving Equation?

Thanks in advance!

From: Will Deakin
Subject: Re: Solving Equations
Tobias wrote:
> Does anyone know...any other Lisp system for solving Equation?

There are a number of systems written in Scheme and Common Lisp.
Unfortunately don't have any links to hand :(

Try searching on sci.math.symbolic or c.l.l for something like algebra.
For example: Professor Richard Fateman posted recently about mma.

Also try www.gnu.org for links for maxima (in cl) and jacal (in scheme).
I am sure there lots more out there.

Finally, there is some excellent stuff about algebra systems in
Paradigms of Artificial Intelligence Programming (PAIP) by Norvig.

Good Luck and Best Regards,

:) will

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.
From: Jonathan

There's a link to a Mathematica clone at www.alu.org

Jonathan
From: Marc Mertens
Tobias Grimm wrote:

> Does anyone know, where I can get this or any other Lisp system for
> solving Equation?

Try  searching for 'maxima' , it is a early version of Macsyma and you
get the lisp source code.

Marc Mertens
From: Tobias Grimm
Thanks a million Will, Jonathan and Marc !!!