From: Martin Schmid
Subject: Space-Profile with Allegro CL 4.3
Hi,

I want to create a space-profile with Allegro CL 4.3. Therfore I start
the profiler with (prof:start-profiler :type :space), run the program
and stop the profiler via (prof:stop-profiler).

But the output of (show-call-graph) isn't very helpfully. It only prints

something like

Space profile of sampled pc values by function, children, and parents.

Total mem.s below 1.0% will be suppressed.
Parent and child mem.s less 2.0% of the node will be suppressed.

Sample represents 800000.0 Kbytes of space allocated (out of a total of
3096112.0)

  %     %                       Parent
 self total   total local  Function
 Mem.  Mem.   Kbyte   %         Child

100.0 100.0  800000 100.0   "start"

Since there is a note in the manual, not to do any global gc during
profiling phase, I turned off global gc's by setting the variable
excl:*global-gc-behavior* to :warn; the result is still the very
detailled
profile above.

What can I do to get better space profile?

Thanx,
Martin

 Martin M. Schmid             | Tel: ++49- (0)7321-9593-10
 R.O.S.E. Informatik GmbH     | Fax: ++49- (0)7321-9593-17
 Schloss-Strasse 34           |
 89518 Heidenheim             | Email: ·············@rose.de
 (Germany)                    |