From: Marco Antoniotti
Subject: VOTE! linuxdev.net reset their IP caches! :)
Hello there,

I just re-voted for Lisp in the poll at http://www.linuxdev.net. It
looks like the site reset its internal IP caches.  So you can vote
again.  Come on, Lisp is a whopping 29.9%, against the distant second
12.1% of C. :)

Looks like the Eiffel crowd got the hang of it as well, but they are
less organized!

I know it's cheating, but what the heck! :)

BTW.  This all thing is a monument to Lisp productivity! Lispers can
solve problems so fast that they have a lot of time to spend taking
stupid polls. :)

Cheers

http://www.parades.rm.cnr.it/~marcoxa

From: Robert Monfera
Subject: Re: VOTE! linuxdev.net reset their IP caches! :)
Marco Antoniotti wrote:

> I just re-voted for Lisp in the poll at http://www.linuxdev.net.

Why?  Maybe because it's already a pretty worhtless poll?  Don't you
think anyone can be clever enough to do a search on +lisp +(vote OR
poll)?

What puzzles me is why would anyone possibly think it's good and
encourage others to cheat.  Even if the IP check was reset, they may run
a (chances are, Lisp) query on the logs sometime later.

Expect statements like "All 117 lispers out there have gotten their
                        act together and cast their vote. Twice.".

Robert
From: William Deakin
Robert Monfera wrote:

> Expect statements like "All 117 lispers out there have gotten their act
> together and cast their vote. Twice.".

and together developed a cunning CGI script to do this in Python...

Best Regards,

:) will
From: Marco Antoniotti
Robert Monfera <·······@fisec.com> writes:

> Marco Antoniotti wrote:
>
> > I just re-voted for Lisp in the poll at http://www.linuxdev.net.
>
> Why?  Maybe because it's already a pretty worhtless poll?

I stated so, didn't I?

> Don't you
> think anyone can be clever enough to do a search on +lisp +(vote OR
> poll)?

Of course not.

> What puzzles me is why would anyone possibly think it's good and
> encourage others to cheat.  Even if the IP check was reset, they may run
> a (chances are, Lisp) query on the logs sometime later.
>
> Expect statements like "All 117 lispers out there have gotten their
>                         act together and cast their vote. Twice.".

Yeah!  Exactly.  Ain't that fun? :)

Come on.  I am not that seriuos.

From: Robert Monfera
Marco Antoniotti wrote:

> Come on.  I am not that seriuos.

Neither am I - just lost patience when it turned out Lispers outnumbered
C'ers 2:1 :-)

By the way, it's puzzling that they neither had a category for Scheme,
nor they specified "Lisp or Scheme", considering Guile.

Robert
From: Fernando D. Mato Mira
Robert Monfera wrote:

> Marco Antoniotti wrote:
>
> > Come on.  I am not that seriuos.
>
> Neither am I - just lost patience when it turned out Lispers outnumbered
> C'ers 2:1 :-)
>
> By the way, it's puzzling that they neither had a category for Scheme,
> nor they specified "Lisp or Scheme", considering Guile.

Scheme is a Lisp

[or you want to go Zen? ("Is Guile a Scheme or a Lisp?") ;->]

--
((( DANGER )) LISP BIGOT (( DANGER )) LISP BIGOT (( DANGER )))

Fernando D. Mato Mira
Real-Time SW Eng & Networking
Advanced Systems Engineering Division
CSEM
Jaquet-Droz 1                   email: matomira AT acm DOT org
CH-2007 Neuchatel                 tel:       +41 (32) 720-5157
Switzerland                       FAX:       +41 (32) 720-5720

www.csem.ch      www.vrai.com     ligwww.epfl.ch/matomira.html