From: Reini Urban
Subject: CLtL2 Winhelp for Win32
I have converted the online Common Lisp textbooks to Win32 HTML Help,
which is better than winhelp and the new standard when Office2000 is
out.

So far I can only distribute CLtL2.chm   (chm => "compressed html"),
Mark Kantrowitz or any other maintainer is not reachable, it would be
fine to have it at the official site as well if anybody cares or John
Mallory finally sets up his lisp site...

For CLHS (v3.0, long filenames) I have to wait for permission from
Harlequin. I removed some <P> formatting inside <PRE> tags in the issue
writeups, which is forbidden according the disclaimer, but improves
readability IMHO. (it actually looks like the text notes now)

see http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/autocad/lisp/#clports
or  http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/autocad/lisp/cl/README.txt for some
technical info, on this format and how to use it, if it doesn't work at
forehand, or the location of the sources for the used index files.

A bogus CormanLisp Winhelp is also there. (but completely unchanged,
only indexed)

As soon as I get Harlequin's permission you may also grab the CLHS.chm
if you are interested. (I want to shorten their discussion peroid with
this posting...)

It is much smaller than the complete HTML set, and loads faster. But
only Win32. The compression library and indexing scheme used by MS is
not documented and will very likely not be ported to any other OS.

---
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/autocad/news/faq/autolisp.html