From: Karateka
Subject: Convert LISP to Scheme, Is it Possible???
I need to convert some Lisp programs to Scheme. Is there a conversion
program, some tools that will make it easy?

Thanks

Vlad

From: Christopher R. Barry
Subject: Re: Convert LISP to Scheme, Is it Possible???
"Karateka" <········@home.com> writes:

> I need to convert some Lisp programs to Scheme. Is there a conversion
> program

Your mind.

> some tools that will make it easy?

A healthy brain and a good editor. If they are large CL programs,
you're in for a _lot_ of work. If they are small, it shouldn't be too
hard as long as there aren't too many CLisms like LOOP. Expanding some
of CL's trickier macros like LOOP might give you hints on converting
the code. It would be easier to convert Scheme to Lisp, barring a few
nice Scheme features like continuations.

Christopher
From: Reini Urban
"Karateka" <········@home.com> wrote:
>I need to convert some Lisp programs to Scheme. Is there a conversion
>program, some tools that will make it easy?

look at rice for the scm2cl package by Dorai Sitaram.
it will help a lot. i have version 0e

http://www.cs.rice.edu/~dorai/scm2cl/scm2cl.html

---
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/autocad/news/faq/autolisp.html
From: Kent M Pitman
······@xarch.tu-graz.ac.at (Reini Urban) writes:

> "Karateka" <········@home.com> wrote:
> >I need to convert some Lisp programs to Scheme. Is there a conversion
> >program, some tools that will make it easy?
>
> look at rice for the scm2cl package by Dorai Sitaram.
> it will help a lot. i have version 0e
>
> http://www.cs.rice.edu/~dorai/scm2cl/scm2cl.html

From the doc (I haven't tried it), this looks to do it the other
way around--scheme to cl, same as jonathan rees's pseudoscheme.
 ftp://ftp-swiss.ai.mit.edu/pub/pseudo/
Well, properly Rees's system is mostly to allow Scheme programs
to run under CL.  It does actually translate them, but hides
the translation mostly.
From: Reini Urban
Kent M Pitman <······@world.std.com> wrote:
>······@xarch.tu-graz.ac.at (Reini Urban) writes:
>> http://www.cs.rice.edu/~dorai/scm2cl/scm2cl.html

>From the doc (I haven't tried it), this looks to do it the other
>way around--scheme to cl, same as jonathan rees's pseudoscheme.

oops, sorry!
couldn't even imagine any use for the other way 'round :)
From: Erik Naggum
* "Karateka" <········@home.com>
| I need to convert some Lisp programs to Scheme.

  is this for human or compiler consumption?

| Is there a conversion program, some tools that will make it easy?

  the ultimate conversion program is an implementation of Common Lisp in
  Scheme.  however, since Scheme can easily be implemented in Common Lisp,
  and has been some twenty million times, perhaps you'd rather want to
  stuff your Scheme code into a real Lisp?

#:Erik
--
@1999-07-22T00:37:33Z -- pi billion seconds since the turn of the century