From: Fanabba
Subject: Public domain Common Lisp for MS-DOS/Windows 95
Is it possible to get a public domain Common Lisp implementation for
MS-DOS or Windows 95, preferably on CD ROM? Any information will be
appreciated.

                                  R.B.Abhyankar
                                  Terre Haute, Indiana,USA

From: Nick Levine
Subject: Re: Public domain Common Lisp for MS-DOS/Windows 95
There are several public domain Common Lisps, running on WIndows
platforms (and, to a lesser extent, on others).

See http://www.elwood.com/alu/table/systems.htm for a good list.

- nick

From: Sam Steingold
 >> Is it possible to get a public domain Common Lisp implementation for
 >> MS-DOS or Windows 95, preferably on CD ROM?

http://clisp.cons.org
http://corman.net/lisp

none are PD (the only PD CL I know of is CMUCL, and AFAIK it doesn't run
on win32 yet, and is unlikely to ever run on dos), but I suspect that
you don't know that PD is a legal term and mean "free" as in "free beer"
instead.

--
Sam Steingold (http://www.goems.com/~sds) running RedHat6.0 GNU/Linux
Micros**t is not the answer.  Micros**t is a question, and the answer is Linux,
From: steve Jarvis
Hi
    There is something called BURKS 3.It's a cdrom (X2) of masses of
free/gpl/PD programming languages and tools.It does have a couple of
LISP things on it for dos and windows along with a couple of tutorials.I
don't know how good they are or are not.It costs a fiver and you can get
it from http://burks.brighton.ac.uk.For that price whynot give it a go.
    It/s collated by an academic at Brighton university and sponsored
by  GEC-Marconni and ROCC.

            regards  Steve