From: Stephen Jones
Subject: TI Explorer LX help
Hello .. its the first time I've run into the TI Explorer in
real life.  I saved one that was due for scrapping and I need
a little help.  I am familiar with LISP and use Symbolics
LISPMs .. from reading the manuals it looks like TI is basically
running A Symbolics like System 6, ZETA lisp and even has a "ZMACS".
If so, that is great.  My questions are primarily hardware issues.
It didn't come with a "processor cable" (id est, a cable that
runs from the console to the processor cabinet).  It does however
have the standard card set (from what I can tell) along with a
memory and ethernet option.  I have two MAXTOR drives that I am
guessing are ESDI matched up with an emulex board, a tape drive,
manuals and distribution carts.  I have a daisy chain cable for
the two disk modules, but no cable to run back to the processor
cabinet.  So essentially what I'm looking for (and also just to
talk about TI Explorers!) is 1) console to machine cable 2) disk
array to machine cable.

Also, if anyone knows any resources beyond this news group (I've
cross posted to c.l.l (sorry)), please point me in the right
direction.
From: Josh Gardner
Subject: Re: TI Explorer LX help
Well, you may've already posted there, but try comp.sys.ti.explorer...
I've posted there very rarely with
some questions about the explorer too, we have on in the AI Lab at my
University... The guys you'll talk to on that forum are among the guys
who actually created the thing!

Josh Gardner