From: Pascal Saremsky
Subject: Free Lisp on Windows 98
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how I can get my hands on a complete Common Lisp
implementation for Windows 98?

-  I've tried Harlequin's LispWorks, but it doesn't produce run-time code
unless you pay a lot for it. (I don't think you get CLOS either.)

-  CormanLisp only evaluates for 30 days.

Thanks.

Pascal

From: Robert Monfera
Subject: Re: Free Lisp on Windows 98
Hi Pascal,

Pascal Saremsky wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone tell me how I can get my hands on a complete Common Lisp
                                                          ^^^^^^^^^^^
> implementation for Windows 98?
>
> -  I've tried Harlequin's LispWorks, but it doesn't produce run-time code
> unless you pay a lot for it. (I don't think you get CLOS either.)
                                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It's great that you discovered Lisp!

There's no Common Lisp without CLOS: it is part of the standard.  Maybe
you could use Harleqin's LispWorks or Franz's Allegro CL free versions
until you become more familiar with this cool language. You may then buy
it or install Linux.

> -  CormanLisp only evaluates for 30 days.

Does it?  I thought there is no such limitation.

Regards
Robert
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Pascal Saremsky <······@docdes.com> wrote:

> -  CormanLisp only evaluates for 30 days.

The IDE does.  The Lisp system itself does not.

Check "Licensing and Copyright Information" at the bottom of
http://www.corman.net/CormanLisp.html for details.

SY, Uwe
--
···@ptc.spbu.ru                         |       Zu Grunde kommen