From: Dahai Guo
Subject: otter
Hi, Friends:

I am wondering if anybody knows where I can get the basic "otter" lisp
code for theorem provers ?

Thanks,

Dahai Guo
From: Frank A. Adrian
Subject: Re: otter
As far as I know, Otter has not, nor ever has used Lisp as the basis for its
code.  It is coded in C.  You might be able to find a similar type of
resolution and paramodulation algorithm for Lisp in one of the AI archives,
though.

Otter itself (along with source code) is available from Argonne National
Labs at  http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/AR/otter/.  The main reference for the
program is the book by Wos, Overbeek, Lusk & Boyle: Automated Reasoning:
Introduction and Applications, 2nd edition. This book gives an overview of
theorem proving and Otter's resolution and paramodulation algorithms in
particular.

faa