From: Esen Alici
Subject: Question
What is wrong with expressions like :    (+fraction (cons 1 2) (cons 3 4))

From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: Question
In article <··········@bgtnsc01.worldnet.att.net>,
Esen Alici <·····@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>What is wrong with expressions like :    (+fraction (cons 1 2) (cons 3 4))

There's nothing syntactically wrong with it.  Whether it makes sense
depends on what the +FRACTION function does when passed two conses as
parameters.

--
Barry Margolin, ······@bbnplanet.com
From: Kent M Pitman
"Esen Alici" <·····@worldnet.att.net> writes:

> What is wrong with expressions like :    (+fraction (cons 1 2) (cons 3 4))

As long as you define +fraction, nothing seems wrong.

Though you might want to try just

 (+ 1/2 3/4)

since rational numbers are a built-in datatype that the built-in + function
understands.