From: David E. Young
Subject: LALR(1) grammar
Greetings. I'm building a system that must parse and analyse CLIPS constructs.
Does anyone know of an existing LALR(1) grammar that describes either Lisp or a
"Lisp-like" language? Thanks much.

Regards,
David E. Young
Fujitsu Network Communications  "The fact that ... we still
(···········@fnc.fujitsu.com)       live well cannot ease the pain of
                                                 feeling that we no longer live nobly."
                                                  -- John Updike
"Programming should be fun,
 programs should be beautiful."
  -- P. Graham
From: Tim Bradshaw
Subject: Re: LALR(1) grammar
David E. Young <········@computer.org> writes:

> Greetings. I'm building a system that must parse and analyse CLIPS constructs.
> Does anyone know of an existing LALR(1) grammar that describes either Lisp or a
> "Lisp-like" language? Thanks much.

Can you not use Lisp?  If you're required to not program in Lisp, use
some small embeddable system (I like elk, but there are many), and
call it an extension language.  You might have to do some hacking of
the reader depending on small incompatibilities between the systems,
but it shouldn't be a big deal (I regularly read/print between emacs
lisp, scheme and CL).

--tim