From: Paul Meurer
Subject: SQL/ODBC 0.8
Hi all,

I have uploaded a new version of my SQL/ODBC-module to Digitool's
server (ftp.digitool.com/pub/mcl/contrib).
In addition, the package will be available on my server (from tomorrow
on): ftp://amirani.hit.uib.no with anonymous login.

--

Relese notes for version 0.8

What's new?

1. Bug fixes:
   -  A serious memory leak found and fixed.
   -  WITH-TRANSACTION works everywhere.
   -  Data sizes > +max-precision+ works.

2. Support for ACL/Linux 5.0 (and very probably other Unices)

3. Thread-safe command execution. (It is guaranteed that no two
threads share an active QUERY object.)

4. Support for long datatypes.
   A stream protocol (conformant with the Gray streams proposal) for
reading and writing long (character and (planned) binary) data.

5. Prepared and parameterized select statements.

6. A generic command syntax for SQL constructs not covered elsewhere.

Paul Meurer
Paul Meurer at HIT UiB no
Humanities Information Technologies,
University of Bergen