From: ·······@central.ntua.gr
Subject: Trouble Installing gclk
Hello
I am trying to indstall to my system (RedHat Linux 5.2 ) gcl
I have a copy of the source files , and after untaring them
in  /usr/local/gcl-2.2.2
and typing add-defs 386-linux i run make
After compiling for about one minute and posting several warning
messages
in prints out a error about a pointer   in line 1124 of file  ./o/gbc.c
and exits
I dont know what to do .
I need gcl in order to compile maxima
I am trying to do so using clsip but i dont know if this will do the job

If you have any idea whats going on please help me
Thank you
Gregory Lionis
·······@central.ntua.gr
From: His Holiness the Reverend Doktor Xenophon Fenderson, the Carbon(d)ated
Subject: Re: Trouble Installing gclk

    m> Hello I am trying to install to my system (RedHat Linux 5.2 )
    m> gcl.... I have a copy of the source files, and after untaring
    m> them in /usr/local/gcl-2.2.2 and typing add-defs 386-linux i
    m> run make.

Well, as I recall, RedHat Linux 5.2 is based on glibc-2 (at least
that's how it is on the Alpha).  Try 'add-defs 386-linux-glibc2'.  If
it doesn't have support for glibc-2, download gcl-2.3-beta.tgz and try
compiling that.

--
Rev. Dr. Xenophon Fenderson, the Carbon(d)ated, KSC, DEATH, SubGenius, mhm21x16
Pope, Patron Saint of All Things Plastic fnord, and Salted Litter of r.g.s.b