From: Dorai Sitaram
Subject: ANNOUNCE: _Teach Yourself Scheme in Fixnum Days_
This is to announce an online Scheme primer called

         Teach Yourself Scheme in Fixnum Days

at

http://www.cs.rice.edu/~dorai/t-y-scheme/t-y-scheme.html

(It has been available there unannounced for about a
year with a sign saying "Incomplete Draft".  I've taken
down that sign now.  I will continue to make changes,
but the document as it stands is reasonably cogent.)

_Teach Yourself Scheme in Fixnum Days_ is intended as a
pragmatic tutorial.  (The preface goes into more
detail.)  Although TYSiFD does not cover Scheme from
`abs' to `zero?', it nevertheless does not shy away
from messy and/or interesting things such as
call-with-current-continuation, system interface, and
dialect diversity.

TYSiFD is freely readable, usable, and distributable.
The title page has a link to a downloadable archive
containing all the pages of the document.
From: Marco Antoniotti
Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: _Teach Yourself Scheme in Fixnum Days_
ยทยทยทยท@bunny.gte.com (Dorai Sitaram) writes:

> This is to announce an online Scheme primer called
>
>          Teach Yourself Scheme in Fixnum Days

I'd like a

	Teach yourself Scheme in (MOD 10) days.

Oooops, you cannot do that in Scheme :)