From: DocSomeDay
Subject: Platform Independent File Names
I am porting some Lisp programs from Unix to Windows using Allegro Common Lisp
5.0.  On Unix all file names seem to be relative to the current directory at
the time the program is run, but on Windows this is not the case.  Ideally I
want code that can run either on Unix or Windows without modification.  Is
there a way for me to tell the program to look for files beginning in the
directory where the lisp file that is clicked on to launch it is located?  I
would appreciate replies by email  Thanks in advance.