From: David Betz
Subject: Re: Small embeddable Lisp or Scheme interpreter?
Preston L. Bannister wrote in message ...
>I'm looking for a small Lisp or Scheme interpreter to embed in a commercial
>product.  The catch is that it needs to be buildable on Windows NT, IBM
OS/390
>UNIX, and (eventually) on other versions of Unix.
>
>I've been poking around a bit and the options seem to be:
>
>XLisp
>        + portable (Win32 and OS/390 ports current)
>        - non-commercial use only

XLisp is marked as for non-commercial use only but all that really means is
that
I want to know about any commercial applications. I usually ask that some
credit
be given to XLisp in the documentation and that my copyright notice be
included
along with the copyright notice for the application. I also ask for a copy
of the
finished application so I can see how XLisp is being used.

David Betz

P.S. XLisp 3.0 is based on Scheme and is a superset of R3RS. Earlier
versions
and ones from Tom Almy continue to be based on Common Lisp.
From: Preston L. Bannister
In article <·················@lwnws01.ne.mediaone.net>, "David Betz" <·····@mediaone.net> wrote:

>XLisp is marked as for non-commercial use only but all that really means
>is that I want to know about any commercial applications.

>I usually ask that some credit be given to XLisp in the documentation
>and that my copyright notice be included along with the copyright notice
>for the application.

>I also ask for a copy of the finished application so I can see how XLisp
>is being used.

None of the above is a problem.

>P.S. XLisp 3.0 is based on Scheme and is a superset of R3RS.
>Earlier versions and ones from Tom Almy continue to be based on Common Lisp.

For the record, Tom Almy is calling his current version XLISP-PLUS 3.04.
Maybe he should call it XLisp-Classic :).

Tradeoffs appear to be that XLisp-Plus is known to port readily to OS/390,
and that the new XLisp uses a byte code interpreter.

--
Preston L. Bannister
·······@home.com