From: SLong
Subject: LOOP
To anyone:

Some of the help and constructive criticism that I have received from
this ng has included iteration using the 'loop' macro. I know that you
can set variables and then evaluate forms in a loop, testing for an exit
condition.  But some of you have used some special syntax that appears
to take quite a bit of the obfuscation of iteration out of the code.
The only source that tries to explain this is at the Harlequin (sp)
site, and some of it is confusing. Does anyone have a better source of
info for loop?

slong
...one mess at a time...

From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: LOOP
In article <·············@isomedia.com>, SLong  <·········@isomedia.com> wrote:
>Some of the help and constructive criticism that I have received from
>this ng has included iteration using the 'loop' macro. I know that you
>can set variables and then evaluate forms in a loop, testing for an exit
>condition.  But some of you have used some special syntax that appears
>to take quite a bit of the obfuscation of iteration out of the code.
>The only source that tries to explain this is at the Harlequin (sp)
>site, and some of it is confusing. Does anyone have a better source of
>info for loop?

The extended version of LOOP is described in the HyperSpec and chapter 26
of CltL2.  Are you looking for something more tutorial than these?

--
Barry Margolin, ······@bbnplanet.com
From: SLong
> The extended version of LOOP is described in the HyperSpec and chapter 26
> of CltL2.  Are you looking for something more tutorial than these?

Well, being a novice programmer, yes.

slong
From: Marcus Shaw
In article <···············@gnoll.pvv.ntnu.no>, ····@pvv.ntnu.no says...

>SLong <·········@isomedia.com> writes:
>> The only source that tries to explain this is at the Harlequin (sp)
>> site, and some of it is confusing. Does anyone have a better source of
>> info for loop?

Have a look at

   http://www.tac.nyc.ny.us/manuals/emacs/cl_28.html

I think I found it while searcing the web for lisp sites,
and it's where I learned about loop.

Marcus.