From: Felix Winkelmann
Subject: CLISP's MAKE-PATHNAME
Hi, there!

I recently installed CLISP (DOS-version) on my trusty 486-Notebook,
but when i say

(make-pathname :type "c")

then I get an error (wrong :TYPE argument, or something like that).
Other pathname-related stuff seems to work, so:
what am I doing wrong? (am I?)

From: Aran Clauson
Subject: Re: CLISP's MAKE-PATHNAME
I don't know if this will help.  I've tried (make-pathname :type"c") on
my version and all is well.  Do you have any additional information?

--
Aran
From: Bruno Haible
> I recently installed CLISP (DOS-version) on my trusty 486-Notebook,
> but when i say
>
> (make-pathname :type "c")
>
> then I get an error (wrong :TYPE argument, or something like that).

In DOS all pathnames are uppercase. CLISP therefore wants an uppercase
string:
       (make-pathname :type #+DOS "C" #-DOS "c")

Bruno