From: Clint Hyde
Subject: java and clim...
has anyone written a java equivalent to the clim function

FORMAT-GRAPH-FROM-ROOT

?

I have been using the pretty crummy JTree in lieu of it, but let's not
pretend it's very
exciting (personally I find it revolting, but that's jut me--I don't
likeJList either)

reason I'm asking: I'm porting a large CLIM ui to Java (fun is not the
word here), and have used
the above function several places to draw tree-structured data
attractively, and to make it easy to
eyeball and drag-n-drop. Since Java has no equivalent to clim's
presentations (I'm starting to
work on a very simplified approximation of it), I can't really do the
same kind of things, but I
would at least like a better tree-drawing function.

if you know of such a thing (huh, or even the algorithm for determining
the positions of
everything), please tell me where I can find it (I am not interested in
rewriting this if I don't
have to).

reply direct to ·····@bbn.com, I don't manage much time to read news...

 -- clint