From: Tim Bradshaw
Subject: Re: Visual Lisp ++
"jamie" <·····@insistdance.demon.co.uk> writes:

> I guess this may seem like a daft request, but considering the explosion =
> of GUI based integrated development environments on the (PC, Microsoft =
> VisualStudio, IBM Visual Age and Borland Delphi, C++, J++ builder) is =
> there a Lisp development environment that might be call something like =
> Visual Lisp ++ ???

I think you are lookong for Visual (incf Lisp)

From: Kent M Pitman
Tim Bradshaw <···@tfeb.org> writes:

> "jamie" <·····@insistdance.demon.co.uk> writes:
>

> > I guess this may seem like a daft request, but considering the explosion =
> > of GUI based integrated development environments on the (PC, Microsoft =
> > VisualStudio, IBM Visual Age and Borland Delphi, C++, J++ builder) is =
> > there a Lisp development environment that might be call something like =
> > Visual Lisp ++ ???
>
> I think you are lookong for Visual (incf Lisp)

Actually, I think you mean

 (let ((lisp 'trusty-old-lisp))
   (macrolet ((visual (x) x) ;visual = "for show, no change in semantics"
	      (++ (x) ;++ = "augment language, but ignore any added value"
	        `(prog1 ,x (ignore-errors (incf ,x)))))
     (visual (++ lisp))))
From: Fernando Mato Mira
Kent M Pitman wrote:

>    (macrolet ((visual (x) x) ;visual = "for show, no change in semantics"
>               (++ (x) ;++ = "augment language, but ignore any added value"
>                 `(prog1 ,x (ignore-errors (incf ,x)))))
>      (visual (++ lisp))))

Get rid of that visual macro. If you use CLIM, (++ lisp) _is_ visual.