From: Jans Aasman
Subject: finding the archives
Hi,

 I'm trying to find archives for comp.lang.lisp. I searched on the net and
found two references to ftp sites that both don't work with IE5 or
Netscape461:

ftp://ftp.gmd.de/usenet/comp.lang.lisp

ftp://ftp.cs.cmu.edu/user/ai/lang/lisp/news/

Does anyone know yet another reference?

thanks,

Jans Aasman

From: Paul Rudin
Subject: Re: finding the archives

check www.deja.com
From: Kent M Pitman
"Jans Aasman" <······@worldonline.nl> writes:

>  I'm trying to find archives for comp.lang.lisp. I searched on the net and
> found two references to ftp sites that both don't work with IE5 or
> Netscape461:
>
> ftp://ftp.gmd.de/usenet/comp.lang.lisp
>
> ftp://ftp.cs.cmu.edu/user/ai/lang/lisp/news/
>
> Does anyone know yet another reference?

Dunno about archives per se, but I always just use
 http://www.dejanews.com/home_ps.shtml
From: ········@komodo.paloverde.cc.ca.us
"Jans Aasman" <······@worldonline.nl> writes:

> Hi,
>
>  I'm trying to find archives for comp.lang.lisp. I searched on the net and
> found two references to ftp sites that both don't work with IE5 or
> Netscape461:
>
> ftp://ftp.gmd.de/usenet/comp.lang.lisp
>
> ftp://ftp.cs.cmu.edu/user/ai/lang/lisp/news/
>
> Does anyone know yet another reference?
>
> thanks,
>
> Jans Aasman

I was able to access the second ftp site from my location.

The first I was able to access, but the /usenet directory appear to be
a symbolic link to a directory that is not accessible.

/Adam Houston