From: Bernd Grams
Subject: xml parser
Hi,

does anybody know where to find a xml parser in common lisp ?

Bernd

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

From: Lars Marius Garshol
Subject: Re: xml parser
* Bernd Grams

| does anybody know where to find a xml parser in common lisp ?

There's one in the contrib directory of the CL-HTTP distribution,
which validates and builds an in-memory tree.

If you just want something easy to play with I have a half-baked
non-validating one with a simple callback interface. Email me if
you're interested.

--Lars M.
From: Kucera, Rich
According to doc CL-XML &entities; are Not Yet Implemented
...and NOTATION defined helpers also NYI

It's not SAX,  but couldn't we just hack it at some point during
the parsing to go and get the file?   It could be "event-based"
with CLOS.  How bad the hack depends on how well-defined the phases
of parsing are in CL-XML.

External entities seem like the key to using XML in any productive
way on the server side,  and I've only found IBM's xml4j to be baked.

But we're still only dealing with http streams and html browsers--
should be easy enough to just go and get the dang file ;)

Posted At: Monday, June 21, 1999 5:14 PM
Posted To: lisp
Conversation: xml parser

* Bernd Grams