From: Wade Humeniuk
Subject: Looking to form Lisp User/Developer Group in Calgary
I would like to get in contact with people in Calgary, Alberta, Canada to
form a Lisp User/Developer Group.  The idea would to share experiences and
expertise and to promote Lisp development.  I find the newsgroup format
limiting, you can't mull over information in a newsgroup like you can
person to person.  I am sure there has to be some people in Calgary
interested in Lisp.  In Calgary there are all kinds of groups for other
computer activities, why not Lisp?

So, if you are in Calgary I would like to hear from you.

Wade Humeniuk
·············@cadvision.com

(visit http://www.cadvision.com/humeniuw
  (see "The Runner's Log" :written-with "Harlequin LispWorks for Windows"))

274-5002

From: Sashank Varma
In article <··········@news.cadvision.com>, "Wade Humeniuk"
<········@cadvision.com> wrote:

> I would like to get in contact with people in Calgary, Alberta, Canada to
> form a Lisp User/Developer Group.

this is a great idea!

if you're located within a reasonable driving distance of nashville, tn,
send me a note and i'll organize a user/developer meeting.  in anticipation
of an underwhelming response, let's agree not to be dialect bigots, so
all schemers, elispers, autolispers, xlispers, etc., should consider
themselves welcome.

sashank
From: Wade Humeniuk

> if you're located within a reasonable driving distance of nashville, tn,

Is that Nashville, Tunisia, or Nashville, Teneesee?????? :)

Anyhow, there must be 1000's?, 100's?, 10's? of people in Calgary
(maybe just me) that like Lisp programming.
From: Klaus Schilling
"Wade Humeniuk" <········@cadvision.com> writes:

> > if you're located within a reasonable driving distance of nashville, tn,
>
> Is that Nashville, Tunisia, or Nashville, Teneesee?????? :)
>
> Anyhow, there must be 1000's?, 100's?, 10's? of people in Calgary
> (maybe just me) that like Lisp programming.

In Bonn/Germany I'm all alone.

Klaus Schilling
From: Bernhard Pfahringer
In article <··············@home.ivm.de>,
Klaus Schilling  <···············@home.ivm.de> wrote:

>> Anyhow, there must be 1000's?, 100's?, 10's? of people in Calgary
>> (maybe just me) that like Lisp programming.
>
>In Bonn/Germany I'm all alone.
>
>Klaus Schilling

Are you sure about this? GMD (which is located in St.Augustin, effectively
Bonn) had quite a few Lisp hackers and machines (at least in the 80s).

Bernhard
Bernhard Pfahringer
Austrian Research Institute for  http://www.ai.univie.ac.at/~bernhard/
Artificial Intelligence          ········@ai.univie.ac.at
From: Morgan Rodwell
Wade,

I am in Calgary, and interested in Lisp development.  Not a hacker or
programmer by training, but now working as a softwar development lead...

Will be out of the country from 5 July to 9 August.

Morgan Rodwell
········@home.com