From: Josef Eschgfaeller
Subject: argv
What is the substitute for argv in Lisp?

J. Eschgfaeller

From: Arthur Lemmens
Subject: Re: argv
Josef Eschgfaeller wrote:

> What is the substitute for argv in Lisp?

There is no portable substitute for argv.
In Harlequin Lispworks, I use sys:*line-arguments-list*.

Arthur Lemmens
From: Lars Marius Garshol
* Josef Eschgfaeller

| What is the substitute for argv in Lisp?

argv is a Unix-ism and so not portably available in Common Lisp.  I
guess most implementations provide some means of accessing the
command-line arguments, but these are not standardized.

In CLISP the variable *args* holds the arguments in a list.

--Lars M.
From: Thomas A. Russ

Lars Marius Garshol <······@ifi.uio.no> writes:
> In CLISP the variable *args* holds the arguments in a list.

For ACL (Allegro Common Lisp) on Unix:

 (sys:command-line-arguments)

which IIRC gets the entire command line, including the program name:

Unix> acl -- foo=bar 3 twenty '(1 22 3 )'

Lisp> (sys:command-line-arguments)
("/local/acl/acl5.0/lisp" "foo=bar" "3" "twenty" "(1 22 3 )")

From: Marco Antoniotti
Josef Eschgfaeller <···@felix.unife.it> writes:

> What is the substitute for argv in Lisp?

On a Mac?

Note that the following program is considered (or was considered) non
portable.

public class nonPortable {
  public static void main(String[] argv) {
     System.out.println(argv[0]);
  }
}

Cheers