From: Brad Knotwell
Subject: small (domain specific) languages
Hello all--

I've often seen people reference using lisp for small, domain-specific
languages.

I was wondering if there was a www'd resource that gives an example of how
this would work.  I'd prefer a small case study with example code if possible.

Thanks.

--Brad

From: Stig E. Sand�
Subject: Re: small (domain specific) languages
On 10 Jun 1999 14:06:15 GMT, Brad Knotwell <····@speedy.knotwell.dom> wrote:
>Hello all--
>
>I've often seen people reference using lisp for small, domain-specific
>languages.
>
>I was wondering if there was a www'd resource that gives an example of how
>this would work.  I'd prefer a small case study with example code if possible.

Paul Graham's "On Lisp" second half is more or less about this and he
provides several case studies (with code, naturally).

Stig Erik Sand�               Institute of Art History, UiB Norway
From: Immanuel Litzroth

    Brad> Hello all-- I've often seen people reference using lisp for
    Brad> small, domain-specific languages.

    Brad> I was wondering if there was a www'd resource that gives an
    Brad> example of how this would work.  I'd prefer a small case
    Brad> study with example code if possible.

    Brad> Thanks.

    Brad> --Brad

-A universal scripting framework
-Also available as a dvi file.

-A universal scripting framework,
-    or Lambda: the ultimate ``little language.''
-Olin Shivers.
-In \emph{Concurrency and Parallelism, Programming, Networking, and Security,}
-    Lecture Notes in Computer Science \#1179, pages~254--265,
-    Editors Joxan Jaffar and Roland H.~C.~Yap,
-    1996, Springer.

Can be accessed at url
http://www.ai.mit.edu/people/shivers/citations.html#ll

Immanuel