From: rtg
Subject: Questions to the Group:CLOS.
Hello All!
I'm newbee in LISP and functional programing.
Studying course of OOP I meet problems with CLOS
(Common Lisp Object System).
So questions to the group
Do you know any good online Documentation on CLOS?
Do you know any free CLOS compiler?
Does the visual environment for CLOS exists(in free domain).
Thanks and Regards.
Roman T.Gritsulyak.

From: Lars Marius Garshol
Subject: Re: Questions to the Group:CLOS.
* ···@mipt.ru

| Do you know any good online Documentation on CLOS?

There is a CLOS tutorial in

| Do you know any free CLOS compiler?

See

--Lars M.
From: Kent M Pitman
rtg <···@mipt.ru> writes:

> Hello All!

Hello.  Welcome.

> I'm newbee in LISP and functional programing.
> Studying course of OOP I meet problems with CLOS
> (Common Lisp Object System).

You're welcome to post specific questions here.  If they are for a homework
assignment, make sure to say so.  People don't want to do your homework for
you but are happy to help.  It's good to post your partial solution so that
people can tell that you're trying on your own and can tell where you got
stuck.

> So questions to the group
> Do you know any good online Documentation on CLOS?
> Do you know any free CLOS compiler?

Look in the Object System chapter of the Common Lisp HyperSpec
 http://www.harlequin.com/education/books/HyperSpec/FrontMatter/

There is explanatory text, and there are also a fair number of examples.

> Does the visual environment for CLOS exists(in free domain).

A number of free environments for a variety of platforms exist;
I'm not sure what you mean by "visual", so it's hard to say.
But there are some that are quite usable.

For a rich source of reference information about the language,
implementations, publicly available code, frequently asked questions,
etc. try the  Association of Lisp Users (ALU) interim home page at:
  http://www.elwoodcorp.com/alu/
From: Aaron Sloman See text for reply address
rtg <···@mipt.ru> writes:

> Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 14:12:26 +0000

> Hello All!
> I'm newbee in LISP and functional programing.
> Studying course of OOP I meet problems with CLOS
> (Common Lisp Object System).
> So questions to the group
> Do you know any good online Documentation on CLOS?
> Do you know any free CLOS compiler?
> Does the visual environment for CLOS exists(in free domain).
> Thanks and Regards.
> Roman T.Gritsulyak.

CLOS is included in the Common Lisp subset of the recently announced
Free Poplog. You don't say what machine and operating system you
use, so look in

    ftp://ftp.cs.bham.ac.uk/pub/dist/poplog/freepoplog.html

to see whether what you need is included there.

The Poplog system comes with quite a lot of online documentation.
For example the file on Poplog Common Lisp Clos is copied here:

    ftp://ftp.cs.bham.ac.uk/pub/dist/poplog/doc/lispref/clos

It is a fairly terse reference file. You may have to look elsewhere
for tutorial documentation on CLOS.

The Pop-11 subsystem of Poplog includes a CLOS-like extension called
Objectclass. There is some browsable tutorial documentation in the
teach subdirectory here:

    ftp://ftp.cs.bham.ac.uk/pub/dist/poplog/doc/objectclassdocs/

If you have questions about this please post them to
    comp.lang.lisp and comp.lang.pop
NOT direct to me.

Hope that helps.

Aaron
==
--
Aaron Sloman, ( http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~axs/ )
EMAIL A.Sloman AT cs.bham.ac.uk   (NB: Anti Spam address)