From: ckl
Subject: looking for cheap sockets
This is what I want:
1. I want to be able to make an executable for NT and HP-UX
2. The program will be a server app using sockets
3. It has to be cheap.

I am currently using ACL5.0 personal NT, and the sockets library is good,
but to expensive.
I have also looked at clisp, but I haven't found a way to make an
executable.

Anyone have an idea?

Chris

From: David Hanley
Subject: Re: looking for cheap sockets
Actually, it's not too hard to do something like this:

echo "(progn (load \"app.fsl\")(run-my-app))" | lisp

If you have clisp, cmucl installed, this sould work OK.

dave
From: ············@mediaone.net
Standard lore applies:

Fast, Cheap, Good, pick two.

You want cheap, use Java.
You want fast (and in this case, executables), use C/C++
You want good, use Lisp.

But you still can't have all three.

"ckl" <··········@cadservices.nl> wrote:

>This is what I want:
>1. I want to be able to make an executable for NT and HP-UX
>2. The program will be a server app using sockets
>3. It has to be cheap.
>
>I am currently using ACL5.0 personal NT, and the sockets library is good,
>but to expensive.
>I have also looked at clisp, but I haven't found a way to make an
>executable.
>
>Anyone have an idea?
>
>Chris

D. Tenny