From: Ramachandran Lakshmanan
Subject: Bug fix needed: METERING util for CMU CL
Hi,

I have been trying to use the metering utility found in the CMU portable
utility archive written by Mark Kantrowitz.  There appears to be a bug
in the function REPORT-MONITORING.

I'm using CMU CL for which it's supposed to have been tested ...

* (mon:with-monitoring (make-array) () (loop for i from 1 to 100 do
(make-array 10)))

Type-error in KERNEL::OBJECT-NOT-TYPE-ERROR-HANDLER:
   0.0 is not of type (UNSIGNED-BYTE 29)

Restarts:
  0: [ABORT] Return to Top-Level.

Debug  (type H for help)

(MONITOR:REPORT-MONITORING (MAKE-ARRAY) :EXCLUSIVE 0.01 :PERCENT-TIME
...)
Source: (SETQ *ESTIMATED-TOTAL-OVERHEAD*
              (/ (* *MONITOR-TIME-OVERHEAD* TOTAL-CALLS)
TIME-UNITS-PER-SECOND))
0] a

*

I tried emailing a bug report, but the email list appears to be no
longer in existence.  If anyone knows what the problem is, I'd greatly
appreciate a solution since I'm desperately trying to prepare for a
conference and would prefer not to have to debug the code myself right
now ...

I will keep checking the newsgroup, but if you could copy any responses
to me via email I'd be most grateful.

Many thanks,

Rama

--
Cogito ergo computo                ...               Computo ergo sum
School of Chemical Engineering,   University of Edinburgh,   Scotland