From: Ramachandran Lakshmanan
Subject: CMUCL bug? get-internal-run-time
My installed version of CMU CL (17f) appears to have a bug in
GET-INTERNAL-RUN-TIME.

This throws off all profiling.

(get-internal-run-time)

always returns

0

Anyone have a bug fix?

Thanks,

Rama

--
Cogito ergo computo                ...               Computo ergo sum
School of Chemical Engineering,   University of Edinburgh,   Scotland

From: Tim Bradshaw
Subject: Re: CMUCL bug? get-internal-run-time
* Ramachandran Lakshmanan wrote:
> My installed version of CMU CL (17f) appears to have a bug in
> GET-INTERNAL-RUN-TIME.

> This throws off all profiling.

> (get-internal-run-time)

This was a bug I remember in 17s.  It's fixed at least in 18a on
sparc.

--tim
From: Raymond Toy

    Tim> * Ramachandran Lakshmanan wrote:
    >> My installed version of CMU CL (17f) appears to have a bug in
    >> GET-INTERNAL-RUN-TIME.

    >> This throws off all profiling.

    >> (get-internal-run-time)

    Tim> This was a bug I remember in 17s.  It's fixed at least in 18a on
    Tim> sparc.

Yes, it's fixed now.  I also (privately) forwarded him some lisp code
that correctly implements get-internal-run-time. (Obtained from
comp.lang.lisp many years ago, I think.)

Ray
From: Gareth McCaughan
Ramachandran Lakshmanan wrote:

> My installed version of CMU CL (17f) appears to have a bug in
> GET-INTERNAL-RUN-TIME.
>
> This throws off all profiling.
>
> (get-internal-run-time)
>
> always returns
>
> 0
>
> Anyone have a bug fix?

I don't know about a bug fix, but the version I'm using (18a,
on FreeBSD on x86) seems to return pretty sensible values from
(get-internal-run-time).

--
Gareth McCaughan            Dept. of Pure Mathematics & Math. Statistics,
················@pobox.com  Cambridge University, England.