From: Nir Sullam
Subject: AutoDESK and a LISP Job
For those who program in LISP , Java  & VC++

I saw a job offeres by AutoDESK in their website

Since I only program in AutoLISP (for the time) I cannot apply, But ,
Goodluck for the one to get it.!

Nir

From: Reini Urban
Subject: Re: AutoDESK and a LISP Job
Nir Sullam <······@actcom.co.il> wrote:
>For those who program in LISP , Java  & VC++
>
>I saw a job offeres by AutoDESK in their website
>
>Since I only program in AutoLISP (for the time) I cannot apply, But ,
>Goodluck for the one to get it.!

this job-opening is there since harold carr left. that was february 99.

a couple of folks had their interviews, two were selected to wait and
they are still waiting, or let's say "restructuring", until now.

--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/autocad/news/faq/autolisp.html
From: Nick Levine
>>I saw a job offeres by AutoDESK in their website

>this job-opening is there since harold carr left. that was february 99.
>
>a couple of folks had their interviews, two were selected to wait and
>they are still waiting, or let's say "restructuring", until now.

Seeing as this is a fairly senior post, I fail to understand how they
reconcile keeping it vacant for so long with their claims to take Autolisp
seriously. Is this lisp under attack from AutoCAD's VB interface, or are
they just a bunch of untogether ***s?

- n
From: Jonathan
>Seeing as this is a fairly senior post, I fail to understand how they
>reconcile keeping it vacant for so long with their claims to take Autolisp
>seriously. Is this lisp under attack from AutoCAD's VB interface, or are
>they just a bunch of untogether ***s?
>
>- n

Probably the opposite - you've got to be very careful choosing people for
senior roles, especially in long-running projects. Whoever they choose will
have to spend months getting up to speed before making a contibution, and
they will then have to live with the conequences of his work for years. Plus
a badly chosen senior who you later have to fire can cause several other
people to leave before you reach that point! And the replacements for those
people will take months to hire and bring online.

The general rule on hiring is, take your time and get it right. As painful
as it is, it's better than the alternative.

Jonathan Coupe, XWare