From: Raymond Toy
Subject: Re: cmucl for sun solaris
kp gores wrote:

> hello,
>
> where can i download up to date binaries for cmu common lisp for sun solaris?
> currently i use cmucl dated 1998/06/25, but there are more recent sources
> at cmu-cl's site. unfortunately i donT know how to build them, and even
> donT have the space on my computer to do so.
> any help/links?

Is there a reason you need a more up-to-date version?  I did not check, but I
assume 1998/06/25 is the 18b version.  I have a version using current sources, if
you really need it. However,  it is quite a hassle to get it to www.cons.org
since I have to download it from work and then upload it from home.

Ray
From: Pierre Mai
·····@sip.medizin.uni-ulm.de (kp gores) writes:

> i am not sure if i really need it because i donT know what has changed,
> what was improved from the version i use.
> what i found (and remember) so far is that my version doesnt allow the
> test for equalp when creating a hash table, which is a X3J13
> recommendation from 1989.

As far as I know, there is no support for equalp-hash-tables in
current versions, either (I'm up-to-date with Ray's 18b release and
Peter's cvs 2.4.7 release, so I might have missed some current
development...).

OTOH there seems to be support for equalp-hash-tables in cl-http when
built on CMUCL.  It seems to be rudimentary support (e.g. (gethash
(cons 'a 'b) *my-hash*) fails inside some internal function, because
that function assumes that conses will always represent proper-lists),
just enough to get cl-http running[1].  But for one interested in
equalp tables,  it might provide a good starting point to implementing
this for future integration with CMUCL (hint, hint ;).

Regs, Pierre.

Footnotes:
[1]  If my first impression is wrong, I duly apologize.  I haven't had
the time to fully survey the situation.

--
Pierre Mai <····@acm.org>               http://home.pages.de/~trillian/