From: Scott Alexander
Subject: Is there a publicly-available persistent object system for CLOS under Windows 95/98?
Hello -

Does anyone know of a publicly-available persistent object system for
CLOS that will work under Windows 95 or 98?

I am using Allegro CL Lite 5.0 for Windows 95 and Harlequin LispWorks
4.1 Personal for Windows 95.

I have looked at PLOB! (http://www.lisp.de/software/plob/Welcome.html)
but apparently I would need Windows NT or Unix to run the server for
this, and I'd like to see if I can stay with my current operating system
for the moment, homely as it is. ;-)

Concurrency and transactions would be nice, but they're not absolutely
necessary, as there's only one user right now (me).

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

- Scott Alexander
······@bellsouth.net
Jacksonville, Florida

PS - By the way, I also subscribed to comp.lang.clos today, and there
were only 15 messages on it. Is that a very low-traffic group?

It's been years since I played around with Lisp and CLOS - I'm curious
as to what kind of following it has these days. Are there other
newsgroups or resources I should be aware of to get up to speed on
what's happening with Lisp and CLOS?