From: David B. Lamkins
Subject: Successful Lisp (Tutorial) -- new chapters added
As has been mentioned here before, I'm writing a Lisp tutorial.  Titled
"Successful Lisp", it is available on the net in _draft_ form at
<http://www.teleport.com/~dlamkins/sl/sl.html>. I started this project in
the summer of 1995, and then...  Well, "things got busy" and I lost my
motivation to continue after completing only six chapters (out of
thirty-four) planned.

I'm announcing today that I have finally revived this project. I was able to
take advantage of time off during the holidays, and completed an additional
twelve chapters.  This new material is online now.

Some of you have already asked for permission to link to this
work-in-progress.  I believe that as it now stands, "Successful Lisp" could
be a useful tutorial guide for someone who is learning Lisp.  The unfinished
portion of the book deals with things that are (IMO) useful after
establishing the fundamentals.  So, yes, you may link to
<http://www.teleport.com/~dlamkins/sl/sl.html>.  (OTOH, you may _not_ mirror
the site.)

I welcome comments and constructive criticism from anyone who reviews or
otherwise attempts to use this material. I've placed a "Feedback" link on
the top page of the site for your convenience.

Best wishes to all.

---
David B. Lamkins <http://www.teleport.com/~dlamkins/>