From: David E. Young
Subject: CLOS thread library
Greetings. Does anyone know of a CLOS-based abstraction for Common Lisp
processes (threads)? Ideally, such a library would also include classes for
various lock types, semaphores, etc.

I'm currently developing with Allegro Common Lisp 5.0 (Intel Linux),
so at a minimum such a library must support this platform. I realize I could
"roll my own" with relative ease, but I suspect something of quality already
exists. Thanks much.

Regards,

David E. Young
Fujitsu Network Communications  "The fact that ... we still
(···········@fnc.fujitsu.com)    live well cannot ease the pain of
                                 feeling that we no longer live nobly."
                                  -- John Updike
"Programming should be fun,
 programs should be beautiful"
  -- P. Graham
From: Bill Janssen
Subject: Re: CLOS thread library
Such a thing is available as part of the ILU distribution from
ftp://ftp.parc.xerox.com/pub/ilu/ilu.html.  See the file
runtime/lisp/ilu-process.lisp.  Documentation on it is available at
ftp://ftp.parc.xerox.com/pub/ilu/2.0a14/manual-html/manual_23.html#SEC570.

Bill

--
 Bill Janssen  <·······@parc.xerox.com> (650) 812-4763  FAX: (650) 812-4777
 Xerox Palo Alto Research Center, 3333 Coyote Hill Rd, Palo Alto, CA  94304