From: ··········@t-three.com
Subject: Elementary, basic etc. introductory Lisp book?
I am new to Lisp an programming in general, am a
composer now starting to work with Symbolic
Composer, a composition program in Mac Lisp
4.0.1.

Do any of you have suggestions as to where a
novice should start?  How about Stephen Slade's
'Object-Oriented Common LISP'.  I've read a bunch
of reviews and this one says it's an introduction,
but I need some real basic stuff.

H. Elmer

From: Rainer Joswig
Subject: Re: Elementary, basic etc. introductory Lisp book?
In article <············@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, ··········@t-three.com wrote:

> I am new to Lisp an programming in general, am a
> composer now starting to work with Symbolic
> Composer, a composition program in Mac Lisp
> 4.0.1.
>
> Do any of you have suggestions as to where a
> novice should start?  How about Stephen Slade's
> 'Object-Oriented Common LISP'.  I've read a bunch
> of reviews and this one says it's an introduction,
> but I need some real basic stuff.
>
> H. Elmer

I think you might find some very interesting stuff here:

http://www.nici.kun.nl/mmm/PROJECTS/METHOD6.HTML

--
http://www.lavielle.com/~joswig