From: Pierre Mai
Subject: Logo/Art and Common Lisp
Hi!

After the refreshing "my corporation is bigger than yours" (maybe I
should have entered at around 500.000[1]?  But then again, how do you
count employees and sales/revenue nowadays, where most corporations
are not at all monolithic, but more or less intertwined.  Do parent
companies count?  Joint-ventures?  Oh well, I was never very good at
these kinds of games...), now for something completely different:

As part of an effort to raise the "popular" profile of my clients
simulation project within the corporation (which should compare
favouribly with GlaxoWelcome), it has become necessary to design logos
and fact-sheets for the simulation package.

While whipping something up with The GIMP, I wondered whether there
was any kind of logos/art available for representing the use of
"Common Lisp Dynamic Object Technology(tm)"[2] <evil grin> in
fact-sheets, screen-savers, coffee-mugs, T-shirts and all the other
merchandising gear you are required to provide nowadays to get
customers interested in your products/services ;)

I'd appreciate all kinds of suggestions... ;)

Regs, Pierre.

Footnotes:
[1]  Not to be misunderstood and/or sued:  This is not the size of my
current client, but of a former client/employer.

[2]  Hope I'm not infringing Franz's rights here, since I've got a dim
recollection seeing some adverts from Franz, which used similar
sounding language.  Or was this in fact Harlequin?  Seems there
another thing I'm not particularly good at.

--
Pierre Mai <····@acm.org>               http://home.pages.de/~trillian/

From: Christopher R. Barry
Subject: Re: Logo/Art and Common Lisp
Marco Antoniotti <·······@copernico.parades.rm.cnr.it> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I di d produce a logo for CMUCL :)

Hmmm... it's looks kinda like "CMU ISP" with a watermelon slice and a
lambda in the middle.

Christopher
From: Marco Antoniotti
······@2xtreme.net (Christopher R. Barry) writes:

> Marco Antoniotti <·······@copernico.parades.rm.cnr.it> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I di d produce a logo for CMUCL :)
>
> Hmmm... it's looks kinda like "CMU ISP" with a watermelon slice and a
> lambda in the middle.

I never claimed to be an artist :) I am open to criticism regarding my
sense of humor. Just remember that CMU Lisp stands for 'C'arnegie
'M'ellon University Lisp. :)

Cheers

tel. +39 - (0)6 - 68 10 03 17, fax. +39 - (0)6 - 68 80 79 26
http://www.parades.rm.cnr.it
From: David B. Lamkins
In article <··············@copernico.parades.rm.cnr.it> , Marco Antoniotti
<·······@copernico.parades.rm.cnr.it>  wrote:

> ······@2xtreme.net (Christopher R. Barry) writes:
>
>> Marco Antoniotti <·······@copernico.parades.rm.cnr.it> writes:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I di d produce a logo for CMUCL :)
>>
>> Hmmm... it's looks kinda like "CMU ISP" with a watermelon slice and a
>> lambda in the middle.
>
> I never claimed to be an artist :) I am open to criticism regarding my
> sense of humor. Just remember that CMU Lisp stands for 'C'arnegie
> 'M'ellon University Lisp. :)

Oh, _now_ I get it <g>.

--
David B. Lamkins <http://www.teleport.com/~dlamkins/>

Wintel is the Yugo of the computer world: cheap to buy, costly to keep.
From: Will Hartung
>As part of an effort to raise the "popular" profile of my clients
>simulation project within the corporation (which should compare
>favouribly with GlaxoWelcome), it has become necessary to design logos
>and fact-sheets for the simulation package.
>
>While whipping something up with The GIMP, I wondered whether there
>was any kind of logos/art available for representing the use of
>"Common Lisp Dynamic Object Technology(tm)"[2] <evil grin> in
>fact-sheets, screen-savers, coffee-mugs, T-shirts and all the other
>merchandising gear you are required to provide nowadays to get
>customers interested in your products/services ;)

Being as I just read his post on GC vs. malloc (in the Copy thread) and
bounced off of his home page, there is a particularly intriguing little logo
on David Lamkins home page at http://www.teleport.com/~dlamkins/ .

Specifically, I sort of like the "Lambda Inside" logo (the Macintosh may not
be particularly relevant). Now, granted it's not Lisp specific, but it's
pretty darn close. It also may not be specific enough for what you want.

Anyhow, it's an idea.
From: Christian Lynbech
Subject: Lisp slogans (was Re: Logo/Art and Common Lisp)
I always wanted to see us get serious about generating some good and
creative lisp slogans/bumperstickers

I would like to contribute:

	Lisp programmers do it (better)

All rights reserved on behalf of The Association of Lisp Users.

Christian Lynbech          | Telebit Communications A/S
Fax:   +45 8628 8186       | Fabrik 11, DK-8260 Viby J
Phone: +45 8628 8177 + 28  | email: ···@tbit.dk --- URL: http://www.telebit.dk
                                        - ·······@hal.com (Michael A. Petonic)