From: Daniel Yoder
Subject: ACL IDE and Projects
I am trying to load all the modules in a ACL project files into the IDE editor
on startup. I have a strategy for doing this, involving accessing the modules,
project-file, and init properties of the project and then using edit-file to
load each file. However, I am unsure if this is the best way to accomplish
this, nor how to access properties of an object. The actual functions
associated with properties require something besides a symbol name and the
property method is fine with a symbol but I don't know which one to use, i.e.,
how to reference the project object in the first place. Any guidance here would
be appreciated. TIA.

-D

From: Daniel J. Yoder
Subject: Re: ACL IDE and Projects
Okay, here is what I've figured out so far.

(1) use find-project to get the project object
(2) use files to get the list of files
(3) you have to convert pathnames to strings for use with edit-file

I am still confused because, although everything is loading okay now,
the compile-project function doesn't seem to affect the awareness of
the debugger. I can compile things to my heart's content and I still
cannot reference them unless I go to the file and select all and hit
CTRL-D. I know this probably seems moronic to lisp veterans who are
accustomed to emacs, but I hope someone will give me a clue here.

Also, I can't help but wonder if there isn't a better way to do all
this. At any rate, here is my .lpr file so far (excerpted), in the
hope that where I am doing something stupidly, someone may correct me:

( in-package :common-graphics-user )

(defpackage linkables
  ( :shadow )
  ( :use :cl :cg )
  ( :export ))

( in-package :linkables )

( defun load-files ( win files )
   ( if files
      ( let* (( f1 ( first files ))
              ( fr ( rest files )))
         ( progn
           ( cg::edit-file win ( format nil "~A" f1 ))
           ( load-files win fr )))))

( defun load-all-files ()
   ( let (( win ( first cg::*lisp-editor-windows* )))
      ( load-files win ( files ( find-project :linkables )))))

( cg::define-project :name :linkables

( load-all-files )
( compile-project ( find-project :linkables ))
From: Daniel J. Yoder
Another related issue is whether there is some way to associate .lpr
files with the IDE so that it loads the project when you click on an
.lpr file. TIA.
-D