From: Mike Chu
Subject: questions about puzzles....
From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: questions about puzzles....
In article <·················@hotmail.com>,
Mike Chu  <······@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Could anybody give some examples about this question or recommend some
>lisp books which show examples on how to generate N by N crossword
>puzzles using the brute force depth first search algorithm? and the
>SEARCH structure has to be an iterative struture using DO.  Thanks so
>much!!!

Why does the search structure *have* to be iterative using DO?  Other than
classroom exercises, it's pretty rare to have such restrictions on how
someone implements an application.  If this is homework, please try to do
it yourself first, and then come here with specific questions rather than
just asking us to do it all for you.  In fact, even if it isn't homework,
you'll learn more if you ask specific questions.

I'm not sure if it directly addresses crossword puzzles (that's a pretty
specific application, and unlikely to be mentioned specifically in books),
but Norvig's Paradigms of AI would probably be a good reference for this
class of application.

--
Barry Margolin, ······@bbnplanet.com
Don't bother cc'ing followups to me.