From: Johan Kullstam
Subject: indenting for common lisp and my own hacks
how do i set up emacs indentation patterns in lisp?  the info file was
rather terse and didn't give me enough information.

for example, i want this (which is what franz' eli sets up for me)

    (dotimes (i m)
       (push x acc)
       (decf x h))

and not this (which is what i am getting at work where i do not have
ACL and eli set up)

    (dotimes (i m)
             (push x acc)
             (decf x h))

i need to setup something special with dotimes.

multiple-value-bind being extremely useful but somewhat long to type,
i want to abbrev it to mvbind.

(defmacro mvbind (&rest args)
   `(multiple-value-bind ,@args))

fine.

now, i wish to borrow the indentation style for multiple-value-bind
too.

i got this gem from paul graham's book:

(defmacro aif (test-form then-form &optional else-form)
  `(let ((it ,test-form))
     (if it ,then-form ,else-form)))

i want it to indent like regular if.  i'd like to have

   (aif some-long-test
        (then-form it)
      (else-form it))

instead of

   (aif some-long-test
        (then-form it)
        (else-form it))

in order not to burden the group comp.lang.lisp group too much, i have
set followups to gnu.emacs.help.

--
johan kullstam