From: Jajwuth
Subject: lisp compiler
Where can i get a cheap or next to nothing lisp complier (easy to use) that i
can safely run on my windows 95 home computer.
Al

From: Janos Blazi
Subject: Re: lisp compiler
Visit the LISP home page at http://www.elwoodcorp.com/alu/table/contents.htm
. It contains links to LISP compilers. You can take for example CLISP  or
Corman's LISP.

Janos Blazi

·····························@nso-fz.aol.com...

From: Duane Rettig
"Janos Blazi" <······@netsurf.de> writes:

> Visit the LISP home page at http://www.elwoodcorp.com/alu/table/contents.htm
> . It contains links to LISP compilers. You can take for example CLISP  or
> Corman's LISP.

That site (http://www.elwoodcorp.com/alu/) is no longer the actively
supported ALU site.  You should be looking at

http://www.alu.org/  or
http://www.lisp.org/

instead.

--
Duane Rettig          Franz Inc.            http://www.franz.com/ (www)
1995 University Ave Suite 275  Berkeley, CA 94704
From: Bruce Tobin
Jajwuth wrote:

> Where can i get a cheap or next to nothing lisp complier (easy to use) that i
> can safely run on my windows 95 home computer.
> Al

Franz has a nice demo version. Can't save the image, limit on heap size,
but it's a very nice system and worth checking out.

 http://www.franz.com

By the way, bless you for saying "compiler".
From: Janos Blazi
But don't they say it becomes invalid after a month?
J.B.

·················@columbus.rr.com...

   http://www.newsfeeds.com       The Largest Usenet Servers in the World!
------== Over 73,000 Newsgroups - Including  Dedicated  Binaries Servers ==-----
From: ArolAmbler
From: Jajwuth
Janos Blazi writes:

>Franz has a nice demo version. Can't save the image, limit on heap size,
>> but it's a very nice system and worth checking out.

Thanks for the information
What do you mean by you can't save the image
Does that mean you can't save a little program that you are testing the
compiler with. If so how can you effectively evaluate it.
Al
From: Hartmann Schaffer
In article <·····························@nso-fr.aol.com>,
	·······@aol.com (Jajwuth) writes:
> Janos Blazi writes:
>
>>Franz has a nice demo version. Can't save the image, limit on heap size,
>>> but it's a very nice system and worth checking out.
>>>
> Thanks for the information
> What do you mean by you can't save the image
> Does that mean you can't save a little program that you are testing the
> compiler with. If so how can you effectively evaluate it.

i haven't tried it myself, but i would assume that it means that you
have to keep the source around (which is a goos idea anyway), and load
the source files wverytime you run the program

--

Hartmann Schaffer

It is better to fill your days with life than your life with days
From: Vladimir Nesterovsky
When trying to use Allegro Lite edition for Windows
effectively, it's very important to load your sources
with (load-compiled ... ) function. The lite won't
let you save the compiled file, but this function will
compile the source and load it compiled, discarding the
compiled file so that it can't be used (distributed).

I've got _dramatic_ timing improvements for some piece
of code I tested -- from 15.1 seconds run time with plane
(load) to 0.38 sec when (load-compiled) in Console (also
with some type declarations added), 0.67 sec in IDE.

BTW Corman Lisp runs the same code in 0.96 seconds. Corman Lisp
is a great option for commercial distribution, since its license
costs only $200. See http://corman.net/lisp .

On 3 Jan 2000 13:24:09 -0500, ··@inferno.nirvananet (Hartmann
Schaffer) wrote:

>In article <·····························@nso-fr.aol.com>,
>	·······@aol.com (Jajwuth) writes:
>> Janos Blazi writes:
>>
>>>Franz has a nice demo version. Can't save the image, limit on heap size,
>>>>
>> Thanks for the information
>> What do you mean by you can't save the image
>> Does that mean you can't save a little program that you are testing the
>> compiler with. If so how can you effectively evaluate it.
>
>i haven't tried it myself, but i would assume that it means that you
>have to keep the source around (which is a goos idea anyway), and load
>the source files wverytime you run the program

---
Vlad   http://vnestr.tripod.com/
  -== Let the Corman LISP be with you. ==-
From: Erik Naggum
* "Janos Blazi" <······@netsurf.de>
| But don't they say it becomes invalid after a month?

  didn't your parents feed you enough for your brain to develop?

  in case you don't like the question, consider what it communicates about
  you.  then consider what your question communicates about Franz Inc and
  their free (gratis) versions of Allegro CL.  if you see a reason for you
  to be annoyed by my question, but not any reason for anybody to be
  annoyed by your question, consider suing your parents for malnutrition.

  nothing "becomes invalid" (even allowing for extremely poor grasp of
  English).  the licence is clear: Allegro CL Trial Edition for Linux and
  Lite Edition for Windows is licensed for use by anyone who gets a copy of
  it up until 2000-11-01.  it's like the Y2K "problem": nothing happens.
  if you think this means you may continue to use it, the answer is the
  same as to whether committing crimes in ways that makes you believe you
  won't get caught is legal.  (in case that's too difficult for you: no,
  you may not use it after 2000-11-01, but the software itself won't
  enforce the license agreement.)  like all honor-based systems, they may
  have to change if a sufficient number of morons violate it, and that is
  why the memory limitations were changed between 5.0 and 5.0.1: too many
  idiots tried to use the free version in production systems without paying
  for a license, so those who would like to play with a free version and
  complex applications got a problem.  it's always like this: idiots make
  intelligent people lose freedom, time or money.  this is of course
  acceptable to the idiots.  this is also why most postings by Janos Blazi
  are NOT acceptable.

#:Erik